Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Miscellany

January 3, 2005

I will post the small tid-bits first today since it is less important and it will not be the top of the blog for long.

* We had a great crew today at the Humane Society. Got everyone walked and cared for by 11:00 which then allowed for the whole team to do another project. Most of us were at the gutting site which will be described in a few seconds. This in spite of a dog getting away from a volunteer and running about a mile down the road, with the volunteer chasing after it and cars slowed to a crawl. They did get the dog back :). (Oh and George probably would want me to not mention his name.)
* Sign of the times: Got Mold?
* Dinner tonight was Turkey, pasta, and vegetables. It was good, but uh, not done by a vegetarian. ;) And I was out of OJ.
* I have been getting text message updates on the big PSU win! :)
* I have had several people email me about how they can help. I will write a blog entry as soon as I can—in all honesty, probably on the plane on Thrusday.
* I have decided to stay an extra day. A special thanks to my mom, my dad, Jen, and Bonnie for making the extra day possible. Also Northwest Air’s customer service people were amazingly nice! THANK YOU!
* Travis from NC State (who was here in October and worked on the “Apartment”) is back. We talked some today about what a pain the “Apartment” had been.
* Tomorrow is going to be a repeat work-wise for me. Clean up around base, then Humane Society, and then Interiors.
* The nightly meetings are always emotional. Yes they may be long sometimes, but they should not be shortened.
* Ran alone this AM and with Bill this evening. We went over a lift bridge that lifted as we approached. So we got to backtrack for a while waiting for it to go back down.
* Have I mentioned the people here are great? They sure are!

No comments: